This policy describes how ECE Planning will make use of the data we handle in relation to our business taking in to account the requirements of the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
It also describes your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing which we carry out. More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in the “What rights do I have?” section.
- ECE Planning uses client personal data to manage and administer the projects which have been commissioned and to keep in contact with you for these purposes.
- Some data is shared with third parties, such as other project stakeholders, who may use your data to contact you. We will not disclose your personal data for any purpose which does not relate to a project without your consent.
- Where ECE Planning relies on your consent, such as any consent we seek for email marketing, you can withdraw this consent at any time.
We collect and process personal data from you which may include the following:
- your name
- your gender,
- your date of birth,
- your address, email address and phone number;
- your payment and/or bank account details;
- your marketing preferences, including any consents you have given us;
Some information will be generated as part of your involvement with us, in particular data about your involvement in particular projects.
Sometimes, we receive information about you from third parties. For example, from other project stakeholder or contacts.
We process this personal data for the following purposes:
- To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: This includes:
- taking or making payments;
- communicating with you;
- providing and arranging the delivery or other provision of products, prizes or services;
- As required by the business to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- we will use your information to manage and administer our appointment and to keep in contact with you for these purposes;
- we will use your information to manage and administer our projects and to keep in contact with you for these purposes;
- we will also use data to maintain records of our performances and history, including project records and other marketing material;
- we use IT systems to the undertake the above and may use these systems to investigate incidents;
- we may choose to send you promotional materials and offers by post or by phone, or by email where we want to send you information relating to similar services that we have already provided or information we feel may be of interest. We will only do so it we have already sought your consent;
- we use data of some individuals to invite them to take part in market research;
- Where you give us consent:
- we will send you direct marketing or promotional material by email;
- on other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose which we explain at that time.
- For purposes which are required by law:
- we maintain records such as health and safety records and accounting records in order to meet specific legal requirements;
- we may respond to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
We use this information as follows:
- As required by to conduct our business and pursue its legitimate interests, in particular:
- communicating with you or about you were necessary to administer our contractual requirements.
- maintaining contact with you in the form of marketing material.
- For purposes which are required by law:
- ECE Planning may respond to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
Wherever we rely on your consent, you will always be able to withdraw that consent, although we may have other legal grounds for processing your data for other purposes, such as those set out above.
In some cases, we can send you direct marketing without your consent, where we rely on our legitimate interests. You have an absolute right to opt-out of direct marketing, or profiling we carry out for direct marketing, at any time.
You can do this by following the instructions in the communication where this is an electronic message, or by contacting us using the details set out below in the “How do I get in touch with you?” section.
Some limited information may be shared with other stakeholders with the sectors we operate, so that they can maintain appropriate records and assist us in organising or administering the projects we are involved in.
Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if required for the legal protection of our or ECE Planning’s legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
Where information is transferred outside the EEA, and where this is to a stakeholder or vendor in a country that is not subject to an adequacy decision by the EU Commission, data is adequately protected by EU Commission approved standard contractual clauses, an appropriate Privacy Shield certification. A copy of the relevant mechanism can be provided for your review on request.
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement, or where we are using the data for direct marketing).
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping.
To exercise any of these rights, you can get in touch with us using the details set out below. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Much of the information listed above must be provided on a mandatory basis so that we can make the appropriate legal checks to administer your project involvement. We will inform you which information is mandatory when it is collected. Some information is optional. If this is not provided, we may not be able to provide you with appropriate assistance, services or support.
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. If you have any concerns about how we process your data, or would like to opt out of direct marketing, you can get in touch at email@example.com or by writing to:
ECE Planning Limited
11 Goring Road
Matt Heath, Director Dawson - Heath Property Ltd
“Once again an excellent service from the Planning team at ECE. Good value, great attitude to work, proactive and easy to get along with.”
Ben Cheal, Managing Director - Roffey Homes Ltd
“ECE Planning have provided a friendly, yet highly professional service, displaying both their detailed planning knowledge and strategy on many occasions. Chris, Sam and Karen have been consistently excellent on managing the planning aspects of all projects we have worked with them on, and would hope to continue that relationship beyond the current live and recently completed projects.”
Tim Hague, Director of Property & Development Shoreham Port
“Sam and the team at ECE Planning have successfully steered three complicated commercial schemes through the planning system on behalf of the Shoreham Port Authority. We have been impressed by the professionalism, efficiency and dedication to progress our projects through the planning system under challenging timeframes. We are absolutely delighted with the results.”